Mass Times

What is scrip?

Scrip is similar to money. When you buy scrip, you are buying negotiable gift certificates and prepaid cards that are used just like cash. You can use scrip to buy everyday items like food, clothing, gas, etc. With every purchase you make, you earn money to reduce your tuition and make tax deductible contributions to SJB. It’s as simple as 1-2-3.

Scrip FAQs

HOW DOES SCRIP WORK? Easy as 1 - 2 - 3

  1. Scrip participating retailers agree to sell gift cards to SJB at varying discounts (rebates).

  2. Families buy and use the gift cards at full face value ($50 cash buys a $50 gift card).

  3. The discount from participating retailers is held in your account as “rebate”.

HOW DO I APPLY MY REBATES?

  • Rebates apply to Tuition and Fees: Up to 90% of the rebates earned from your purchase(s) can be applied to reduce tuition, Faith Formation or other program fees. Friends and family can assign up to 90% of their earned rebates towards your tuition or fees. See the Rebate Incentive and Scrip Program Agreement for more detailed information. The remaining 10% is applied to Scrip program costs.

  • Rebates as Tax Deductible Contributions: Rebates you earn that are not applied to a tuition or program fee reduction will be tax deductible. There are numerous choices of parish and school specific programs to designate how you would like to apply your tax deductible rebate portion. The options are detailed in the Scrip Program Agreement. The Scrip Program coordinators will provide you with tax information annually based on the fiscal year of the Scrip Program.

READY TO BUY SCRIP?

We offer the following Scrip ordering options:

“Scrip to Go”: Is Scrip we keep on hand for immediate purchase during Scrip sales. Advance Ordering: Is Scrip ordered and paid for during Scrip sales hours. The order is then picked up during Scrip Sales. Advanced orders place by Monday are available as early as Friday during Scrip sales.

Online Ordering: Is Scrip ordered online at www.shopwithscrip.com and paid for with Presto Pay (a secure online payment option). If you order by Monday, your physical gift cards are available for pick-up Friday. With online purchasing, you can also take advantage of other ordering options such as electronic gift cards (e-cards) ordered from your online ShopWithScrip® account and delivered to your email or phone in minutes. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

WHERE DO I BUY SCRIP?

  • In School: Mondays and Fridays from 2:30-3:00 p.m. in the Library when school is in session.
  • Faith Formation Grade School Night: Wednesday nights at 5:45 p.m. near the Faith Formation office.
  • At Church: Before and after both SJB weekend Masses in the Church Vestibule.
  • Online: After your personal online account is set up, anytime at www.shopwithscrip.com.

Questions

Contact us with any questions! Call 920-892-4006 or email sjbparish@sjbplymouth.org